Are you looking for a recipe for a really easy fresh fruit cake? Here is a no fail recipe that I use when baking with berries. A very simple coffee cake that is eggless, rises well, and has a beautiful crumb worthy of a Coffee Cake.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup atta (Indian Chappati Flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
For Cinnamon Sugar:
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Sift the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar to this mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend together the oil, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry mix into the wet mix to make a thick batter.
- Stir in the blueberries. Do not beat the mix.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake pan.
- Now mix the sugar and cinnamon powder together in a small bowl.
- Pour this mix evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 40 minutes or until the cake passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for at least half an hour.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2014. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.