Given the above, and I know this from my friends, it can be time consuming to hunt healthy recipes. In March of this year, Priya @ Mharo Rajasthan announced an event that goes some ways to make our lives easier. Healthy Me and Healthy Us is a food blogging event that not only encourages us to include healthy, fresh, and whole foods in in our diets, it also provides a forum wherein we can share our recipes and discoveries of nutrition adding foods that are really good for us. It is with great pleasure that I announce the July 2013 edition of Healthy Me and Healthy Us at Annarasa ~ Essence of Food.
To understand what this event is all about and what kinds of foods we are discussing for this event, kindly visit Priya's page: Healthy Me and healthy Us
Now some rules for this event:
- As this is a vegetarian | vegan blog, kindly send in vegetarian | vegan recipes only.
- You have to cook a dish out of “unprocessed” and “unenhanced” foods ONLY. If you have made something and have doubts on whether or not it qualifies, let me know. I recommend using more vegetables, fruits and nuts/seeds than grains in your dish.
- Any course of the meal is allowed, even beverages.
- Eggs and Meat/Seafood/Fishes are not allowed.
- Using pre-packaged food are not allowed.
- Using artificial flavors are not allowed.
- Using pre-processed food is not allowed.
- Nut & Seed Oils are allowed but in moderation.
- Paneer & Tofu are are allowed, as they not exactly processed, but cooked to make it the way they are.
- Stone Ground or Mill Ground (Uncontaminated) flours are allowed.
- Keep deep frying to minimum.
- You have to do a small write up on the nutritional benefits of your dish and if possible (recommended) how many servings it gives and what is the calorie per serving (approximate).
- Provide some substitutes for certain ingredients, if you think they are not easily available. Vegan substitutes will be highly appreciated.
- Archived posts will be allowed, if it follows all the above rules and if it is updated with this event details.
- Link your post back to this announcement and promote healthy eating habits.
- The Event is open till 31 July 2013.
- Kindly use the Linky Tool below this post to link your recipes.
- If you are a Non-Bloggers, do email me the recipe at annarasa[at]gmail.com so I can include it in the roundup.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.