I've been baking like crazy since I got back, mostly savoury bakes and pies, with the occasional crumble thrown in!! On Superbowl Sunday, I make some delicious baked potatoes which I topped with a hearty home made Vegetarian Chili!! I used my own chili recipes and I have two of them on this blog. It turned out to be a wonderfully delicious meal and the perfect accompaniment to the game. The recipes of baking a perfect potato and then assembling it as a meal follow. You can find recipes for Vegetarian Chili here.
4 large baking potatoes
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp oil
4 tsp butter
4 tbsp sour cream
8 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
4 cups Vegetarian Chili
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, wipe and set aside.
- Prepare baking sheet by lining it wit foil and then parchment paper.
- Oil the sheet with one tablespoon oil, then sprinkle evenly with 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Using a fork, prick the potatoes all over, liberally oil them, then the place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the remaining salt.
- Bake in a hot oven, around 400 F for about an hour, or until a sharp knife can be inserted in them easily.
- Remove from the oven. Heat the chili.
- Carefully remove a potato onto a serving plate. Cut it lengthwise, then crosswise.
- Using your fingers, pinch the potato edges down and then out a little so that the skins release.
- Place one table of butter in the centre and then top it with a tablespoon of cheese.
- Pour the chili onto this, sprinkle with another tablespoon of cheese, top with sour cream and serve hot.
- Repeat for remaining potatoes.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.