Now-a-days I am making a lot of no bake desserts. In this past week, I have been experimenting with multiple versions of Chocolate Biscuit Cake. At the beginning of the week I made a divine one with biscuits and cinnamon crackers, then shortly after that one with biscuits and candy, and today I made one with graham crackers and toasted almonds!!
Yes, this is the ultimate addictive chocolate treat. Simple to put together, it gives the best of desserts a real challenge. Kids love it and grownups indulge it. I cannot even begin to describe how popular a dessert this is at a party. And all it needs are some of the simplest ingredients from you pantry:) and a few minutes of your time.
4 cups biscuits, broken
3 tbsp butter
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 slab milk chocolate
1/2 slab dark chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup almonds, toadied and chopped
- Melt the butter with the milk and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Turn off the heat. Add the cocoa powder and blend in
- Next add the chocolate slab pieces and allow to melt completely.
- Let this sauce cool.
- Place the broken biscuits and toasted nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the melted chocolate. Mix well to ensure all pieces are coated.
- Line a loaf pan with cling film, press the chocolate biscuit mix into this.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Remove, slice, enjoy.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.