This bread was baked around the time I did my Nutella Swirl Bread. Ever since its been too hot around here to even approach the oven!! I am glad I saved this recipe in my blog drafts, as I have been receiving so many requests from friends for more bread recipes:) Its a very simple loaf to bake, and is so very flavorful too. Just toss in your favorite herbs and spices and you are good to go.
2 1/2 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp herb and spice blend
1 tsp salt
- Add the yeast and sugar to the warm water. Cover and allow to proof for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Add the flour, herb and spice blend of choice and the salt.
- Mix to form a shaggy dough. If the dough is too wet at this stage add some more about one tablespoon at a time, but no more than a 1/4 cup.
- Place the dough in a well oiled bowl, cover, and allow to proof, at least an hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, knead for about 7 minutes, then form into a loaf and place in a prepared loaf pan.
- Cover very lightly with cling film and let sit until the loaf is doubles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400° F for 10 minutes, then remove from oven, brush with the olive oil.
- Return the loaf to the oven and bake for another 10 - 15 mins or until golden brown,
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Vegan Recipe. Nut free Recipe.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.