Almonds are a nutrition powerhouse. I love cooking and baking with them and my latest passion is to bake with almond butter. Last month I baked the super delicious Cinnamon Almond Raisin Twists where I used almond butter as a spread in the twists. And last summer my Almond Butter Oats Cookies were such a treat that I keep getting repeat orders for them!!
Last weekend I baked some breakfast bars using almond butter. They are eggless, nutritious, and make a small batch of just 12 pieces. They are perfect for fussy eaters and go really well with milk. Now they are called breakfast bars and really filling for that first meal of the day. But I'd recommend trying them when hunger grabs you unawares in those tween times, especially around midnight with a tall glass of milk.
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup almond butter
1/3 cup yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup atta (Indian Chappati Flour)
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add the almond butter and vanilla extract and blend in.
- Next add the yogurt, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Now stir in the flour and oats to make a soft batter.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a prepared baking tray, level.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing.
Vegan Substitute: Replace butter, yogurt, and chocolate chips with non dairy alternatives.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.