Its getting pretty chilly out here. There is snow on the ground and on some days the wind chills are below the freezing mark. With the Thanksgiving behind us, everyone seems to be in a great hurry to get Christmas preparations under way. Lights, trees, festive decorations, and candy are all out in plenty. Santa has set up his workshop in the malls and the smiles on the children's faces are a sight to behold!!
At home I am getting all organised to do some regular baking. And what better way to get started than to make a batches of Christmas cookies for a cookie exchange or just sharing with family and friends!! This morning I baked these gorgeous Cinnamon Walnut Logs. They are just so seasonal both in flavour and shape and delicious with hot chocolate. Pop one and there is no looking back with these:)
1/2 cup butter | 1 stick butter (at room temperature)
3 tbsp icing sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon, finely ground
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped fine
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar, as needed for dusting
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, then the flour and cinnamon powder.
- Beat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Now fold in the walnuts, and mix till evenly distributed.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover, and chill for about 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Scoop out a heaped tablespoon of the dough.
- Roll out into a log between the palms of your hands.
- Place on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Baked in a preheated at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool for about 7 minutes, then dust with icing sugar.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy with a cup of steaming hot chocolate.
- These cookies will be wonderfully soft and crumbly when done.
- Store in a airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Keep your eyes on the cookies after 15 minutes of baking. Remove from the oven as soon as the turn golden brown.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.