Last weekend I made a super delicious cake. It had all the flavours I love including cardamom, banana, and caramel!! Yes I made the unbeatable Banana, Butterscotch, and Cardamom Blondies!! The aroma of this cake as it baked in the oven was so wonderful that I could not wait to get a pot of water going to enjoy with it. But I resisted the temptation as I had a little time on my hands and decided to use this to glaze it. To make it especially pretty I pulled out a box of sprinkles and decorated it with some pink and purple sprinkles on the top. Doesn't it look beautiful. Yumm!! This cake is superb with afternoon coffee - the flavours seem made for each other. We loved this cake and its going to be a keeper in my recipe box:)
11/3 cup AP flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 medium bananas, ripe
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp buttermilk
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, cardamom powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the bananas and then blend with the oil and the buttermilk.
- Pour this mix into the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon and blend well.
- Now, throw in the butterscotch chips and walnuts.
- Stir to ensure that they are will incorporated.
- Pour the cake mix into a prepared baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 360F for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the baking dish, then turn out and frost as desired.
- You can increase the butterscotch chips and walnuts as desired. I found that a 1/4 cup of each was perfect for this recipe.
- If you do not like or have cardamom powder, replace it with a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a half teaspoon of vanilla essence.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.