Its summer and strawberry season is in full swing. Farmer's markets, super markets, coops are all well stocked with the luscious red berries. Though we have been enjoying the berries since April, last week we decided that it was time to go strawberry picking. It was our first time in hereabouts, we had great weather in the valley, and we loved it. The strawberries were small but sweet and full of flavor, We ate way too may and picked over 10 lbs to bring home!!
Of course we ate them, but I also made strawberry preserve, strawberry syrup, froze a batch for later use. The made Strawberry Coffee Cake and Strawberry n Cream Scones! Uhh delicious, but we still can't get enough of them. Today's recipe is Fresh Strawberry Scones. Perfect for picnics, hikes, and sharing with friends.
2 cups AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup sour cream
6 tbsp cold butter, cubed
2/3 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cubed butter, and rub the butter into the flour using your fingers.
- The flour butter mix will resemble breadcrumbs when you are done.
- Now add the sour cream, vanilla essence, and strawberries.
- Mix to bind them a loose dough.
- Do not knead. Spread this dough onto a baking sheet into a square or circle.
- Score out into wedges.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or cool on tray, then store in refrigerator for about a week.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2016. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.