Its that time of the year when Sunday nights are game nights. I have been following the games for several years now and always feel that excitement on Sunday afternoon when the match is about the start. With butterflies in my stomach, especially when my team is on the roster, I feel no mood or inclination to enter the kitchen. Game days inevitably call for quick and easy food that can be prepared in advance and enjoyed at leisure:)
I love to make different kinds of snacks but for some reason many Game Day snacks involve bread, cheese, and all kinds of fried food. As I am not a fan of any of these combinations, I try to keep it simple and healthy. Today I am sharing a simple, easy to prepare recipe of peanuts that are coated with Indian spices and roasted in the microwave!! Do try these and enjoy your snack time with your favorite drink at the next game you watch.
This post was created after a request from Nuts.com to post healthy tailgating recipes for this game season. Thanks Christine for encouraging me to share my healthy recipes for Game Days! If you would like more such healthy snacking inspiration, do visit their site @ Healthy Snacks - Nuts.com
1 cup peanuts, raw
1/3 cup gram flour
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/3 tsp chaat masala
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
Water, as needed
- Place the peanuts in a large mixing bowl. Pour in water and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the gram flour, salt, garam masala, haldi, and chaat masala in another mixing bowl.
- Strain out the peanuts and toss them in the gram flour - spice mix.
- Using a spoon, toss gently until the flour coats the nuts.
- Sprinkle water no more than a teaspoon at a time is needed for all the flour to coat the nuts.
- Now sprinkle with oil and toss once again.
- Spread the coated nuts on a microwave safe bowl in a single layer.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, then in increments of a minute for up to 9 minutes or until the nuts are toasted.
- Allow to rent and cool completely before enjoying.
Vegan, Gluten Free Recipe
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
Disclosure: Annarasa ~Essence of Food and its author Apu have received no compensation whatsoever in any form for this post.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.