I have been baking lots of cakes lately. Sadly, time to blog has become quite limited and so I am unable to put thing online at a regular pace. Today I decided to steal a little tie out of my schedule to share a recipe for my favorite marble cake. I usually make an eggless version of this but I thought I'd like to share a recipe that uses eggs today.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup buttermilk
Cocoa paste (1/3 cup cocoa powder + 2 tbsp hot water. Stir until smooth.)
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the oil and sugar, then add the eggs, vanilla extract, and buttermilk.
- Blend well.
- Spoon the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to ensure no lumps.
- Now remove one-third of the batter into a separate bowl.
- Add the cocoa paste into the one-third of batter.
- Prepare a loaf pan. Then alternately spoon the vanilla and chocolate batter into the loaf.
- Using a fork, stir through the batter a couple of times to achieve a marble effect.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 45-50 minuter or until it passes the toothpick test.
Nut Free Recipe
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.