I can hardly believe its June already! It feels like yesterday when I wrote my last post but its been two months since I posted a recipe on Annarasa. I have been cooking and baking a lot of the good stuff and am now back with new super delicious recipes to share. Spring will give way to summer and none too soon in my opinion! The weather has been really strange - abundant sunshine followed by heavy clouds and chilly winds.
What do you like to eat when the weather is all weird? I have been craving the fried stuff lately. But have been really good about not giving in to those cravings. Instead I decided to bake with chocolate. Nutella to be precise:) Here is a recipe that we all loved - Nutella Swirl Bread. Lashings of the wonderful spread encased in soft sweet flaky dough.
½ teaspoon yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp oil
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
½ cup Nutella
Cornmeal for dusting
- Warm the water, add the sugar. Sprinkle the yeast in this mix and let it sit for about 10 minutes to proof.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
- Add the oil to the yeast, and pour the whole into the flour mix.
- Using a spatula bring together to make a shaggy dough. Next knead this dough for about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover loosely with cling film.
- Set this bowl in the warmest part of your kitchen and allow the dough to double. This may take between 1-2 hours depending on the temperature of your room.
- Grease a rolling mat. Place the proofed dough on it and punch it down. Roll the dough to form a 12"*14" rectangle.
- Warm half a cup of nutella in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Spread this on the rolled out dough leaving a 1/2" border on all the sides.
- Roll the dough tightly, seal ends, and place on a baking pan lined with parchment and corn meal.
- Cut the dough down the middle lengthwise leaving one end intact. Lift the cut ends and twist over each other ensuring the cut side faces up. Seal at the end.
- Cover with cling film and allow to rise once again for about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown,
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy warmed with lashings of butter.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.