Kruidkoek is a Dutch sweet bread made with warming spices and brown sugar. This bread is commonly eaten at lunch or breakfast, but it can also act as an accompaniment to any meal. It makes for a great snack. If you love Gingerbread Cake of any kind, this is the recipe for you. Toast the bread and enjoy with lashings of butter - perfect with a tall glass of milk or sweet milky coffee.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar
2/3 cup milk
- Sift together the flour, spices, and baking powder.
- Place the milk and sugar in a small saucepan, warm gently, then bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat. Stir well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into the flour mix. Whisk until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the batter into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to sit in the baking pan for about 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with coffee or milk.
Nut Free Recipe, Butter/Oil Free Recipe
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2014. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.