I have a weakness for peaches. And blueberries are a favourite in my family. So when I manage to get my hands on juicy peaches and fresh blueberries I just cannot resist whipping up some delicious Peach and Blueberry Cobbler! Now this may seem more like a recipe for the autumn, and yes I love baking fragrant crumbles, cobblers, and fruit cakes during the autumn. Its an ideal way to enjoy the last fruit of the summer while welcoming apples and pears into my kitchen.
Its not quite autumn yet, but we are experiencing a cool down in the weather here. Indeed a cooler than normal August has been forecast for our region this year. Cooler evening for for warm bakes and I made this healthy cobbler for dessert last week. I skipped the all purpose flour in this recipe and substituted it with whole wheat flour and oats. I also did not use as much butter as a cobbler may generally call for and I can tell you the cobbler tasted sensational. Enjoy warm or cold with fresh cream or ice cream.
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
11/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
11/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp orange blossom water
3 peaches, pitted and slices
11/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Bring together the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter, then the oil.
- Pour in the milk, sugar, and orange blossom water.
- Stir them together and pour this batter into an oven safe bowl.
- Spoon the peaches and blueberries on top of the batter.
- Bake for about an hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.