I have received many queries in my mailbox about the bright green chutney photographed with the Theplas in the previous post. So here is the recipe. We usually carry Theplas on road trips or picnics. As a rule I prefer not to carry any condiment with them as it tends to get all messy in the car. However this time I decided to make my favourite thick chutney to go with them. We enjoyed the theplas and chutney at a beautiful wayside rest stop with strong sugary tea that I had carried from home in a flask!
This chutney is more of a sandwich spread typical of the vegetable sandwiches sold at so many eateries in India. It goes wonderfully when spread with butter or cream cheese. Just pile on your favorite vegetables and you will have the tastiest sandwiches for your lunchbox or a tea time snack!!
2 cups cilantro, packed
2 green chilies
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup dhalia (roasted Bengal gram dal)
3/4 cup shredded coconut
Salt to taste
- Wash the cilantro and chop coarsely.
- Chop the green chilies and garlic.
- Place thee cilantro, chilies, garlic coconut, dhalia, and salt in a grinder.
- Grind to a fine paste using a little water if needed.
- Adjust salt and chili to taste.
- Use on sandwiches or as a thick chutney for lunch box parathas.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.