In March I announced the first ever giveaway hosted at Annarasa ~ Essence of Food. This food event and giveaway ended on the 20th of April 2013 and I will announce the winners of the giveaway in the coming weeks. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every contributor and participant for taking the time to make this event a wonderful success. Over seventy unique recipes have been shared through this event by bloggers and non-bloggers alike.
Do stop by and visit recipes posted by bloggers at Your Favourite Dhaba Food | Street Food. Non-bloggers, kindly note that your recipes will be featured on the blog in the coming week along with the announcement of the winners of the egift vouchers in the next weeks. And now here the super yummy Pineapple Basundi to Thank You to all your lovely participants :) Wish I could have you all over to enjoy this lovely dessert.
1 cup full fat milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/4 cup mixed nuts, chopped up
1/2 tsp ghee
1 can pineapple rings
1/2 cup pineapple juice (saved from the canned fruit)
- Place the milk and cream in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ricotta cheese, blend well. Cook the mix for 5 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Pour in the condensed milk. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes, turn off the heat.
- In a separate pan, heat the ghee, add the nuts and fry them.
- Stir the fried nuts into the basundi.
- Chill the basundi completely.
- Once cooled, add the chopped up pineapple and stir in the juice you have saved from the can.
- Serve immediately.
- I love lots of fruit in the Basundi, hence a whole can of pineapple rings. Alter amount as per personal preference.
- I used canned pineapple preserved in its own juice.The addition of the juice makes makes the dessert especially flavourful.
- This basundi can be made in advance. Chill overnight and add the fruit and juice just before serving.