1 small cabbage, shredded fine
1/2 tsp zeera (cumin)
1/8 tap asafoetida
1/2 cup whole milk
1/3 cup single cream
1/4 tsp kali mirch (black pepper), crushed
Salt, to taste
1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin and asafoetida, and allow it to toast in the oil.
- Stir in the shredded cabbage. Cover and let cook in its own steam for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The cabbage will sweat and reduce. Remove cover, add the milk, and cook until the milk dries out.
- Next stir in the cream, crushed black peppercorns, and salt to taste.
- Cook until the cream is absorbed in the cabbage.
- Finally stir in the ghee and turn off the heat.
- Let the vegetable sit in the pan for another five minutes.
Vegan Substitute: Skip adding the ghee in Step 6 of this recipe.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.