1 cup maida (all-purpose flour)
1/2 cup suji/sooji (semolina)
1/4 tsp kalonji (nigella seeds)
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric)
1/4 tsp lal mirch (red chili powder)
Salt to taste
3 tbsp butter
1/3 cup dahi (plain yogurt)
Cold Water (as needed)
- Combine the all-purpose flour, semolina, salt, nigella seeds, turmeric, and red chili powder.
- Sift together until all ingredients are well blended.
- Rub the butter into the flour mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the yogurt and just enough water to get a medium-soft dough.
- Set aside for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough ti about 1/8" thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter of choice, cut out circles that will fit you choice of muffin pan.
- Lay neatly one cutout per pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container or use as required.
Blog-checking lines: Renata of Testado, Provado & Aprovado! was our Daring Cooks’ April 2011 hostess. Renata challenged us to think “outside the plate” and create our own edible containers! Prizes are being awarded to the most creative edible container and filling, so vote on your favorite from April 17th to May 16th at http://thedaringkitchen.com!
Click here for the complete April 2011 Daring Cooks Challenge!
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2011. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.