11/2 cup frozen methi (Fenugreek Leaves)
1 cup green peas
1 box extra firm tofu
1/2 cup cashew nuts
1/2 cup milk (2%)
Salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
1/4 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric)
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Slice the tofu into squares about 1/4 inch thick. Dry roast them on a non stick pan on low heat.
- All the excess water has evaporated. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a separate pan. Add the cumin seeds and carom seeds.
- Next add the methi, stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add the turmeric, one cup water, and peas.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Dry grind the cashews. Add to the vegetables - then stir in the milk.
- Next add the roasted tofu to this curry. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small pan. When it is hot, add the red chili powder.
- Turn off the heat. Pour over the vegetable.
This event continues through December and you can contribute by sending your entries until the 31st December 2010.
Good to Know
- Methi is a great wonderful green. it has a slightly bitter taste but that only adds to its flavour.
- In this recipe, the vegetable should not be completely dry once cooked. The sauce created by the milk, cashews, and spices should be thickish.
- Be careful when you prepare the tempering. Keep a good distance from the pan else you may inhale the chili powder as it tempers.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.