4 cups vegetable stock (I use home made)
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
1 potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 turnip, peeled and cubed
3 stalks celery, chopped
Small bunch flat leaf parsley
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
Sour cream, for finishing
- Wash all the vegetables and place in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Pour in the vegetable stock. Bring it to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are very tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit for about an hour.
- pour into a blender and give it a spin or two.
- Pour back into the pan, stir in the milk and butter.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Throw in the parsley.
- Heat well.
- Ladle into serving bowls, top with a dollop of fresh cream and a sprig of parsley.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.