2 large potatoes, boiled and cubed
3 cups yogurt, plain
2 green chilies
4-5 curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
Sendha Namak (rock salt), to taste
1 tsp oil
- Beat the yogurt until smooth. Blend in the salt to taste.
- Add the cubed potatoes. Set aside.
- In a small pan, heat the oil. when it reaches smoking point, reduce heat.
- Add the mustard seeds. When they begin to pop, add the cumin seeds, haldi, curry leaves and the green chilies. Turn off the heat.
- Stir this tarka into the Raita.
- Serve the Aloo Raita at room temperature or chilled.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.