1 cup Homemade Pasta Sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp butter
1/2 red onion, minced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp jalapeno, minced
1/2 cup zucchini, cubed
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup soy beans
1/2 cup kidney beans (from a can, drained)
1 soy sausage, sliced
Mixed Italian Herbs (oregano, marjoram, parsley, rosemary)
- Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions in the packet. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil, then add the butter and the onions. Add the garlic, and jalapeno. Stir and cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the soy sausage, and stir fry until it is well coated with the seasoning. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Next add all the vegetables.and beans. Stir to blend and cook for another 3 minutes. Now add the pasta sauce and herbs. Mix well. Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 10 minutes.
- The sauce should be of a thickish consistency now and the vegetables and sausage cooked but not overcooked.
- Add the cooked spaghetti. Give it all a good mix and serve piping hot.
It also goes to Anita's Kitchen which is hosting Vegetable Marathon: Beans from March 10 - May 10, 2010.
Vegan Substitutes: Try margarine or other dairy free butter substitutes in place of butter.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.