6 cups Mumra (Puffed Rice)
2 tbsp oil
2 large onions, sliced finely
2 green chillies, slit
6-8 kari patta (curry leaves)
1/2 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
1/2 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
1/2 tsp lal kirch (red chilli powder)
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup peanuts
- Take 2 cups of Mumra in a large bowl. Pour enough tap water over the Mumra to soak them through. You may have to use your hands to push the Mumra under the water. Allow to soak for 1-2 minutes until they lose their crispness and become soft. Taking one handful at a time, squeeze the water out of the Mumra completely. The Mumra should not retain any water yet hold its shape at this point. Spread out in a large colander.
- Repeat this until all the Mumra are in the colander.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. To this, add the mustard seeds, and when they pop add the cumin, curry leaves, sliced onions, peanuts, and green chillies. Cook on medium heat until the onions become transparent.
- Now add the prepared Mumra, turmeric, red chilli powder, and salt to taste. Stir in the spices so that all the ingredients are blended well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cover of the pan, stir, and keep on the heat until the Mumra is completely cooked - about 5 minutes.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.