I was browsing my blog the other morning and realized that I have not posted candy or fudge recipes here in quite a while!! Given that they are my favorite treats to make and share I lost no time in making a batch to photograph and share. Today's recipe is really simple. Just a few ingredients from your pantry and you are set.
I use no ingredient added peanut butter for this fudge. I find that this gives it a really clean and delicious flavor. Also the sugar in this fudge is less when compared to other fudge recipes. The sweet level is just right and perfect when paired with tea, coffee, or eaten as a dessert. These are also one of the best candy to carry if you enjoy hiking or mountain climbing. Perfect for that boost just when you need it.
11/4 cup peanut butter (organic, no sugar, no salt added)
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp caramel
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup chocolate chip cookies
- Melt the butter gently in a pan, add the peanut butter, and allow to melt over a very low heat.
- Once melted, blend butter an peanut butter well with a small whisk, add the sugar, mix in.
- Grease an 8 by 8" pan. Pour this mix into it.
- Set the chocolate chips onto a double boiler, allow to melt, then add the caramel.
- Whisk to blend. Remove from heat.
- Crush the chocolate chip cookies. Layer them evenly on the peanut butter sugar mix.
- Pour the chocolate caramel mix onto the crushed cookies.
- Allow to set overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy with your afternoon coffee.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.