Honey Wheat Bread is probably my favorite loaf to bake. I love the graininess of the bread crumb and the sweetness of the bread. It tastes so good toasted with lashings of butter and good home made fruit preserve. Personally, I like it with toasted to crunchy, buttered, and with lots of spreading honey!!
This is also the easiest ever bread to make. If you have been thinking of baking bread at home, Honey Wheat Bread using a No Knead method could be your very first success:) All you have to do is throw in the ingredients together, let the yeast do its work, and bake. Et voila, you have a great home baked loaf to show off to family and friends:))
3 ½ cups atta (Indian Chappati Flour)
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ tsp instant dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups warm water
- Place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl, sift.
- Blend the warm water, honey, yeast. Cover and allow to proof for 5-7 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of the olive oil to the proofed yeast, and then the whole mix into the flour.
- Mix with a spatula until it all comes together to form a very sticky dough.
- then cover with cling film and let the dough double.
- Punch down and stir the dough using a spatula.
- Then pour the whole into a greased loaf pan.
- Smooth down using the remaining olive oil.
- Allow to double - about an hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely.
- Remove, slice, toast, enjoy.
Vegan Substitute: Replace the honey in this recipe with agave nectar.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.