Green beans are a staple in my home! I purchase organic green beans at a local store and now that we are in spring we are getting wonderfully tender beans. I usually make green beans in one of the many ways my Mum cooks them. But I do experiment with them a lot and you will see a good number of green bean recipes on this blog.
Today I am sharing with you a recipe that I created on the spur of the moment. I just wanted to make something with peanuts in it. And the beans were staring at me from the refrigerator. I just made this recipe up as I went along and am delighted to say that it tastes yummy. I love this bhaji with chappatis. Simple clean flavours with the added nutrition of some peanuts.
More Green Bean Recipes @ Annarasa:
Green Beans & Corn with Toasted Sesame Seeds
Fras Bean Goda Masala | Mildly Spiced French Beans
Makkai Fras Beans | Sweet Corn with French Beans
4 cups green beans, chopped
2 large tomatoes, minced
1 medium onion, chopped fine
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric)
1/2 tsp lal mirch (red chili powder)
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/8 tsp hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup peanuts, roasted and crushed
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the cumin and asafoetida.
- Add the onions, then the garlic and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the green beans and tomatoes. Stir until the vegetables are coated with the oil.
- Reduce the heat to a medium-low and cook the vegetable for about 7 minutes.
- Around this time the beans will be getting tender and all the juices from the tomato will have released.
- Add the turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala, and salt to taste - stir.
- Cover and cook for another five minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle the peanuts, stir to ensure that they are well distributed.
- Cover and let the vegetable sit in its own heat for another minute.
- Enjoy with rice or parathas.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.