Here's another Indian Style Tofu Recipe I'd like to share. After posting Tofu Tikka Masala and Palak Tofu, I was swamped with requests for more spicy tofu recipes from family and friends. Lately I made a delicious Kadai Tofu and here is the recipe for you!!
1 block extra firm tofu
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 tbsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1 green bell pepper
1 large onion, chopped fine
1" ginger, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 green chili,chopped fine
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
1/4 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
1/2 tsp lal mirch (red chili powder)
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp dhania powder (coriander seeds powder)
- Cube the tofu into bite size pieces. Dry roast it on a pan. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the cumin, and then the ginger and garlic. Reduce heat and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the onions and fry until translucent. Now throw in the spices including the turmeric, red chili powder , and dhania powder.
- Stir well, fry for a minute, then add about 2 cups of water, stir to blend. Cook on medium heat until the water has reduced to about half its original amount and the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Add the kasuri methi, garam masala, and salt to taste. Stir and continue cooking for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add the tofu, reduce heat to low, and allow the tofu to absorb the sauce.
- Add the green peppers, give a final stir, heat, and enjoy.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.