I last made Herby Oven-Baked Chips over three years ago!! This afternoon I was going through my refrigerator and I found I still had a few sprigs of sage left over from last weeks groceries. They were in great shape thanks to the chiller setting on my fridge and I wondered how I could best enjoy them!! Its too hot to really cook, so I settled on baked chips. Potatoes and sage go together beautifully. A little salt and pepper, a few wedges of onion, loads of garlic, and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, and you have the perfect combination.
4 large potatoes
1 large onion, sliced into thick wedges
4-5 cloves garlic, smashed
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
4-5 sprigs sage
2 tbsp olive oil
- Peel, wash, and slice the potatoes lengthwise. Place the slices in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper. Pour the olive oil.
- Using the palms of your hands, mix the potatoes with the seasoning and oil ensuring that each slice is well coated.
- Remove the potatoes into an oven-proof pan.
- In the same seasoning, add the garlic and onion wedges.
- Pour this over the potatoes along with any remaining oil in the oven proof pan. Sprinkle with sage leaves.
- Bake at 450 F for 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are well cooked and browning along the edges.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with ketchup, hot sauce, or a dip of choice.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.