To come to the recipe at hand, I bought Yukon Gold potatoes after quite some time. These waxy wonders are great for stir fry style recipes as they don't crumble into a mass of mash. I find these potatoes cook fast and hold their own shape really well during the cooking process. Lasun Aloo is something like Zeera-Aloo which goes superbly with Pooris (Deep Fried Indian Flatbread). The Lasun, cilantro, cumin combination adds a great burst of taste to this Bhaji which tastes great with Saada Parathas, plain Rotis, and of course rice. This is what comfort food is all about.
4 large potatoes, sliced
1/2 cup cilantro, minced
2 tbsp garlic, minced
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp cumin
2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin, and then the garlic.
- Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the sliced potatoes.
- Stir until the potato slices are well coated.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cilantro and salt, then stir, cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook the slices for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve warm with rice and Arhar/ Tuvar Dal.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.