1 cauliflower, separated into florets
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
2 green chilies, chopped
1 inch piece ginger, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp kalonji (nigella seeds0
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
4 black peppercorns
1 small piece cinnamon
1/2 tsp Kashmiri garam masala
4 tbsp peesa hua dhania (coriander seed powder)
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnishing)
- Heat half the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds. When they begin to pop, add the cumin and nigella seeds. Add the peppercorns, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Reduce heat, add the ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Stir fry for a minute, then add the turmeric.
- Next, add the cauliflower florets, stir, pour in about a quarter cup of water. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower softens.
- Add water by the tablespoon as needed to let the cauliflower cook. The vegetable should be very soft and begin to disintegrate.
- Next throw in the garam masala, salt. and the dhania powder. Stir into the cauliflower and cook on low heat until the vegetable begins to dry up. Stir frequently.
- Once the vegetables dries up and begins to come together, pour in the remaining oil, and give the vegetable a brisk fry on medium to high heat.
- Remove to a serving dish and garnish with cilantro.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.