Being an intuitive cook, I go for what I crave on the day and try and create hassle-free meals that are nutritious and tasty all at the same time. Last night I made Matar Kumbhi Ki Bhaji, a peas and mushroom stir fry that tastes super with simple chappatis and dal.
4 cups button mushrooms
11/2 cups green peas
2 green chilies
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped coarsely
1/2 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
1/2 tsp kalonji
1/4 tsp ajwain (carom Seeds)
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ghee
- Wash the mushrooms, trim the stems, and cut each into quarters.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds. When they begin to pop, add the ajwain and kalonji.
- Reduce heat, add the green chilies and turmeric powder.
- Now throw in the mushrooms, bring the heat up to medium-high, and stir-fry rapidly for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the peas, salt to taste, reduce the heat, stir and cover.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Season with fresh cilantro and ghee and serve hot.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.