1/2 sweet red pepper, washed and cubed
1/2 sweet yellow peppers, washed and cubed
1 medium cucumber, peeled and cubed
1 cup sweet corn, boiled and cooled
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup sour creme
Salt, to taste
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp pepitas
2 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- Place all the chopped vegetables and corn in a large bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, blend together the yogurt and sour cream in small mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, mustard, pepper, and chili flakes. Whisk well.
- Taste to check the seasonings. They should be a little on the sharp side.
- Pour the seasoning into the chopped salad vegetables.
- Use a spoon to mix in the dressing - ensure that the vegetables are well coated.
- Throw in the walnuts and pepitas.
- Serve immediately or cover and save in the refrigerator for the next meal
- This salad can be made in advance and will stay well in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Remove from the refrigerator a couple of hours before serving. Mix well.
- I find that if prepared in advance the dressing really seeps in and adds to the flavour of this already yummy salad.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.