Paneer or Indian Style Cottage Cheese is a real favourite of mine. When I first moved to this city, there was only one Indian store and I never quite trusted the fresh/frozen paneer there. I took to making paneer at home and have stuck to it ever since. Last evening I was craving just some of these creamy home made cheese curds, and I made a quick batch. I let them stay a little soft as I wanted to make this delicious creamy Paneer Bhurji - scrambled with vegetables and spices.
2 cups paneer, crumbled
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, chopped fine
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp kalonji (onion seeds)
1/2 tsp turmeric
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin. Allow it to roast for a few seconds.
- Next throw in the onion seeds, and then the turmeric.
- Now add the tomatoes and green chilies.
- Stir, cover, and cook for 5 minutes or until they get mushy.
- Now add in the green peppers. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the paneer. Blend into the cooked vegetables and spices.
- Cook for another five minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.