3 cups of maida (all purpose flour)
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chili powder
3 tsp ghee
salt to taste
warm water to knead the dough
oil for deep frying
- Sift together the maida, salt, red chili powder, and cumin seeds.
- Using your hands, mix in the ghee.
- Next make a soft dough using the warm water.
- Place in a greased bowl and set aside for a couple of hours.
- Divide the dough into small balls the size of a Persian lime. Take one but keep all others covered until ready to use.
- Roll out the first ball into a thin pastry sheet. Cut into diamond shapes using a sharp knife.
- Heat all in a kadai or a fryer. Drop in the cut diamonds and fry till golden brown.
- Drain onto a kitchen towel. Cool completely, then store in an air tight container.
- Repeat for all the dough till you have a nice pile of crispy savoury diamonds.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.