The pink ones we ate in salads and the cherry, well apart from snacking on them, I decided to preserve them in olive oil and herbs!! A bit like having sun-dried tomatoes, only I get to do these in the oven, as the approaching autumn sun is not quite as warm.
2 cups cherry tomatoes
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp rosemary, dried
1/4 tsp tarragon, dried
1/4 cup olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and cover with parchment paper.
- Wash the tomatoes, drain and dry them completely.
- Halve them and place on the parchment paper.
- Pour the olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the herbs, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the tray in an oven preheated to 300F.
- Allow to bake until they dry and shrink to half their size.
- Turn off the heat, and let the tray sit in the oven and cool there overnight.
- Remove into a clean, sterilized jar and store in the refrigerator.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.