We took a break over the weekend. Lovely scenic lakeside town with a gorgeous pier, sunshine, ducklings, and the cool cool breeze. It was great to get away for a couple of days. But not so great for my plants! When we got back, they looked one sorry sight. The July heat had got to them!! After some serious watering and encouraging words, they are back to normal and I even see some tiny green tomatoes on my tomato plants!! The beans are doing wonderfully and I have already got one small harvest of yellow wax beans. Nothing like growing your own.
1 1/2 cup macaroni
1/2 cup black olives, halved
1/2 cup chick peas, cooked
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 tbsp parsley, chopped fine
4 cloves garlic, chopped roughly
1/2 tsp chili flakes
Salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare the macaroni in plenty of boiling water and salt. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic. Saute a minute, reduce the heat.
- Next add the chickpeas, stir in and saute for a bout 3-4 minutes. Add the olives, macaroni, parsley, chili flakes. Season with salt.
- Blend the ingredients until they are well coated with with seasoning and oil. Turn off the heat. Leave covered on the hob for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Add the toasted pine nuts just before serving.
This macaroni dish has very few ingredients, but their combination makes it very flavourful. This dish is great for summer picnic baskets as it travels well and tastes better on keeping. Quick Macaroni with Black Olives and Toastes Pine Nuts goes out to Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours who is hosting the 171st edition of one of my favourite foodie events on the web: Presto Pasta Nights! PPN is the brainchild of Ruth @ Once Upon a Feast.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.