1 cup idli batter
3-4 tbsp water
1 medium onion, chopped fine
2-3 green chilies, chopped fine
8-9 curry leaves, chopped fine
1/2 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp sambar powder
1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric)
Oil, as needed
- Place the appe pan on the hob, add no more than a drop of oil in each of the indentations in the mould.
- When hot, reduce heat to medium.
- Mix the idli batter with the water. Blend well. Add the salt, sambar powder, and turmeric.
- Next fold in the onions, green chilies, and curry leaves.
- Using a tablespoon, pour the batter into each of the moulds of the pan.
- Cover and allow to cook for 11/2 - 2 minutes.
- Remove cover. Using a bamboo stick, like the kind you get for barbecuing, flip the appe over.
- Allow other side to cook for another minute or so.
- Remove the appe, serve hot.
This lovely snack goes to Priya @ Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes. She is hosting Healing Foods: Onions this month, an event created by Sisri @ Siri's Corner.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.