1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup demerara sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
6 whole almonds
- Sift the flour, wheat bran, wheat germ, and salt. Add the cocoa powder, almond meal, sugar and baking soda.
- Using a spatula, blend in the water, vinegar, vanilla essence, and oil. Mix well to make a smooth thick batter.
- Spoon into the muffin pan. Top each muffin with an almond.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan. Cool on a wire rack.
This recipe will yield 6 medium-sized muffins with a somewhat soft and grainy texture and a beautiful chocolate-almond flavour!! These muffins go out to JZ @ Tasty Treats who is hosting Lets Go Nuts... Almonds. It also goes out to Pallavi @ All Things Yummy. She is hosting Sunday Snacks - Grab n Go.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.