1 large bunch swiss chard
2 dried red chilies
1 cup adzuki/red chori beans, soaked overnight
6-8 curry leaves
3 green chilies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp urad daal
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup grated coconut
- Drain the soaked beans. Pressure cook them in 2 cups of water and no more than a pinch of salt.
- While they cook, wash the swiss chard, separate from the stem, and chop the leaves fine. Mince the green chilies.
- Process the cumin seeds, garlic and peppercorns. Then add the coconut to this mix with turmeric.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add the mustard seeds. When they splutter, throw in the dried red chilies, urad dal,and curry leaves.
- Allow the urad daal to turn light brown, then add swiss chard and green chilies. Stir and cook for around 4-5 minutes or untill the swiss chard has wilted.
- Next add the adzuki/red chori beans with a cup of warm water. Bring to boil, and then allow to simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut mix and continue cooking on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes till the beans are mushy and the curry has thickened.
- Serve hot with Basmati rice.
All content, text, and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.