1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup spinach
1/4 cup pine nuts
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1tbsp sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable stock
2 cups penne pasta
1 tsp olive oil
Salt to taste
- Boil the pasta in hot water, with a huge pinch of salt and one teaspoon of oil as per the instructions on the box. Drain the cooked pasta.
- Place the broccoli and spinach in a deep pan, pour the stock over them, cover and cook till the broccoli is tender. Cool.
- Toast the pine nuts, set aside and cool. Peel the garlic.
- Place the broccoli, spinach, pine nuts, garlic, cheese, salt, sour cream, and pepper in a blender. Give it a spin.
- Pour the broccoli-spinach pasta on the cooked pasta. Mix well. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
This very delicious salad can be served as a main course, but as we are all preparing for the upcoming festivals, and looking for something different to add to our Thanksgiving tables, I'd recommend this as a nutritious side dish too!!
This simple and tasty salad goes out to No Croutons Required. It is being hosted this month by Holler at her blog Tinned Tomatoes. Holler is a vegetarian from Scotland - do visit her blog for some really super seasonal recipes!!
This recipe for pasta salad also goes out to Presto Pasta Nights, a weekly food event started by Ruth. It is being hosted this week by Nilmandra of the Soy and Pepper blog.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.