6 manicotti shells
11/2 cups frozen spinach
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups ready prepared pasta sauce
Salt, to taste
- Cook the manicotti in plenty of water and salt as per the instructions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. For the filling, cook the spinach for 10 minutes in the microwave. Remove, and drain the spinach.
- Pour the oil in a nonstick sauce pan. When hot, add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Turn down the heat, and then add the onions. Fry them until they are transparent.
- Next add the spinach, seasonings, black pepper, and salt. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool.
- Mix the spinach with the ricotta - blend them well. Use this as a filling for the manicotti shells.
- Spray an oven proof dish with a little olive oil, and arrange the stuffed manicotti. Cover completely with the pasta sauce.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
It also goes to Presto Pasta Nights #76 , hosted this week by Ruth herself at Once Upon a Feast!!
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.