2 cans red kidney beans, drained
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 green chillies, chopped fine
1/2 tsp red chillies
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Microwave the drained kidney beans for 30 seconds. In a large mixing bowl, mash the beans coarsely.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed beans. Check for seasoning. Divide the mix into golf size portions. Roll each into a ball and then flatten to make into small patties.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick griddle. Place the patties on this and allow them to cook until crisp on one side. Turn over and cook on the other side until they are crispy.
- Gently remove onto a serving place. Note that the patties are crumbly and delicate when hot. As they cool down they will hold together very well.
- Serve with your choice of condiment.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.