3 cups whole grain rotini
1 cup frozen spinach
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup milk
1 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp low fat cream cheese
1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
Parmesan cheese, shaved
1 small green pepper, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cornflour
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Boil the pasta as per instructions on the packet in plenty of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed saucepan. Add the garlic and stir. Next add the onions and and fry until golden brown.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms, stir and cover the pan and let the vegetables cook for 3 minutes.
- Microwave the spinach for 6 minutes on high, and add to the saucepan. Mix well with the peppers, mushrooms, and onions.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the stock, milk, and cornflour. Pour into the pan and stir to make a sauce with the cooked vegetables. When the liquid begins to thicken, blend in the cheeses, and season with the salt and pepper. Your spinach and mushroom pasta sauce is now ready.
- Now add the cooked rotini to the pasta sauce. Mix well.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.