Here is a another recipe for our all time favorite snack: Chivda. This time I am sharing a recipe for Chivda made with pre-roasted pohe. This is available in Indian stores. It has no seasoning or spices in it and is only roasted. I often purchase this for munching as is but I also love to make Chivda with it. The end product is very crunchy and highly addictive.
4 cups puffed roasted pohe
1 cup peanuts
7-8 kari patta (curry leaves)
1 tsp haldi (turmeric)
1 tsp chaat masala
Salt to taste
1/4 cup dhalia
1/4 cups kopra, sliced
3 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 250F. Place the puffed puffed roasted pohe on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Warm in oven for 7-9 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in a wok. Reduce heat to a medium, add the peanuts and fry until roasted and crisp. Add dhalia, kopra, and the curry leaves.
- Next add the turmeric, salt, and chaat masala. Blend well.
- Turn off the heat, and turn the toasted pohe into the pan, stirring all the time.
- Stir gently until the pohe is well coated with the masalas, and the garlic mixture is distributed evenly.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- You can add roasted pepitas, sunflower seeds, fried raisins to this recipe.
- If you don't like raisins, try blueberries in this recipe. They taste fabulous.
- Chaat Masala is a tangy spice blend that is easily available at your local Indian store.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2016. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.