Rice is the easiest of foods to prepare in a rush. Today's recipe involves cooked rice, so its the prefect recipe if you have some rice ready to use in your refrigerator! This Tomato Rice is a yummy treat for adults and kids alike. I like to serve it hot with chutney and plain yogurt. Alternatively, this is a great treat to carry in your lunch box or for a day out too.
More Tomato Rice Recipes @ Annarasa:
Tomato Rice with Edamame Beans
Masala Tamatar Bhaat | Spicy Tomato Rice
4 cups cooked rice
3 large tomatoes, chopped fine
1 medium onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 kari patta (curry leaves)
1/2 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
1/8 tsp hing (asafoetida)
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the hing, then the mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds begin to pop, reduce heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt.
- Saute then cook on a low heat until transparent.
- Now add the curry leaves and the tomatoes.
- Stir, then cover and cook until the juices are released and the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the turmeric, salt to taste, and the rice.
- Stir, cover and let the mix sit on a very low heat for about 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the rice to sit for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Vegan, Nut Free, Gluten Free Recipe
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.