I made Almond and Coconut Fudge | Badam aur Nariyal ki Barfi for Ganesh Chaturthi this year . This is a very simple and quick recipe to prepare. Needless to say it tastes really yummy too. This barfi tastes best when you let it sit overnight. Though it might be difficult to do that once you have tasted it!!
1 cup almonds
3/4 cup shredded coconut, dry
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
2/3 cup water
- Wash, then soak the almonds in plenty of cold water for about 3 hours.
- Drain water from the almonds and peel them.
- Grind to a fine paste.
- Prepare the sugar syrup by heating the sugar and water in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Bring to a boil once the sugar has melted. Reduce heat and cook till a single syrup consistency has been achieved.
- Now add the ground almonds and shredded coconut to the syrup. Mix to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Add the cardamom powder and then the ghee. Mix well and continue cooking on a low heat until the entire mix comes together in the pan in the form of a ball.
- Grease a tray and spread the mix in the tray, cut into desired shapes.
- Cool completely before enjoying.
Good to Know
- This Barfi can be prepared using almond flour also.
- For a more fresh taste, use freshly grated coconut. Note that shelf life of Barfi using fresh coconut will be considerably shorter.
- Be very careful when making sugar syrup. The syrup can jump out of the pan as it thickens and can cause injury.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2014. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.