A simple recipe for a quick lunch today. Though asparagus is a seasonal vegetable, we sometime also get it around the festive period. I love asparagus and if I see it I just can't resist buying it. Usually we eat it sauteed in olive oil and butter with lots and lots of garlic. But sometimes I also make Indian style recipes with it. Asparagus Pepper Rice is one of the easiest ways to use asparagus and any left over rice. It is a great add on item for a family lunch or dinner.
1 cup asparagus, chopped fine
1 medium onion, chopped fine
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp hing
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
2 cups cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the hing, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds.
- Then add the onions and fry till transparent.
- Now add the chopped asparagus, stir and fry until cooked.
- Stir in the cooked rice, salt to taste, and the ground black pepper.
- Mix well to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly spread.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, allow the rice to sit for another couple of minutes.
- Enjoy warm with salad and raita.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.