I always like to prepare some sort of Chivda around the festival season. Usually it is the Poha version | Beaten Rice Chivda. Last year I made Jowar Chivda | Crunchy Puffed Millet Snack. This year I had a bag of Puffed Kamut in the pantry just crying to be used!! So Kamut Chivda it is! This a the perfect low calorie snack for tingling tastebuds. Its great for festival snacking but also on game night or movie night!! Try it, you will be hooked.
4 cups puffed Kamut
1 cup moongphalli | peanuts
7-8 kari patta | curry leaves
1 tsp haldi | turmeric
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp chini | sugar
Salt to taste
2 hari mirch | green chilies, chopped fine
3 tbsp oil
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup kismis | dark raisins
- Preheat oven to 200F. Place the puffed kamut on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toast in oven for 15-20 minutes. Turn off the heat. Remove from the oven.
- Heat oil in a wok. Reduce heat to a medium, add the green chilies and curry leaves. Fry crisp.
- Next add the peanuts. Roast till golden brown, then add the raisins and sunflower seeds.
- Sprinkle the turmeric, salt, sugar, and chaat masala. Blend well.
- Turn off the heat, and turn the toasted puffed kamut into the pan, stirring all the time.
- Stir gently until the puffed kamut is coated with the masalas, and the nut mixture is distributed evenly.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight jar.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.