2 cup baby spinach leaves, tightly packed
1 medium onion, sliced fine
1 cup chickpea flour
2 green chillies, minced coarsely
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Water, just enough to make a batter
Oil, for deep frying
- Place the chickpea flour in a large mixing bowl. Add the cumin seeds, chilli powder, and salt. Sift together.
- Now add just enough water to make a thickish batter. Make sure that the batter is completely free of any lumps.
- Divide the batter into two equal parts. In one drop the spinach leaves. In the other the onions and coarsely minced green chillies.
- Make sure the vegetables are coated evenly with the batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed wok. Reduce heat to medium. Gently drop spoonfuls of the onion batter into the oil. Fry on medium heat until the pakoras are well cooked and golden brown in colour.
- Repeat for the spinach pakoras frying them until they are crisp. Drain on kitchen towels.
- Enjoy hot with fresh green chutney.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.