The Goda Masala I used for this recipe is particularly good as it is home made by my Mum. She got together all the very special spices that go into this seasoning and prepared the Masala for me in India and brought it with her when she visited last year!!
3 cups green beans, chopped
1/2 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
1 tbsp oil
1 tsbp ghee (clarified butter)
1 tbsp goda masala
Salt, to taste
Pinch hing (asafoetida)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin and asafoetida.
- Stir in the green beans, making sure they are well coated with the oil.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the Goda Masala on the beans. Stir in the ghee and salt.
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Leave covered until ready to serve.
Vegan Substitute: Skip the ghee in Step 4 for this recipe.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.